Monday 10 September 2012

Andrew Goldsworthy

 Andrew Goldsworthy uses natural materials such as stones, leaves and wood, to create artwork that reflects the processes and energy of nature.

I particulary like the way that his work can be percieved in different ways, for instance I see the black empty holes in his work to be the earth and the colours and shapes radiating out of it is the energy of life. The rowan leaves sculpture is one of my favourites because the colours of the leaves as they expand out represent the changing colours of autumn and when Goldsworthy finished his sculpture the decaying process would continue in the leaves as portrayed in his work.

From looking at Goldsworthy's work he has inspired me to work with colours and colour gradient and to experiment using natural materials in my own art.

No comments:

Post a Comment