Monday 24 September 2012

Trisha Keiman

I have finally started on my alternative sketchbook and have decided to make a hollow trunk of a tree made from weaved wires and modrock and decorated with wool and ribbon to create texture and colour. I will then add sketches inside that you can take out, and maybe incorperate some sketches on my own butterflies inspired by Tasha Lewis.




Trisha Keiman paints many different subjects, but I particulaly like this painting because it includes bright bold colours and is quite abstract which makes it quite similar to Luiza Vizoli's work. I choose this painting because of the texture and intertwining roots and bark incorperated in the tree, which I can use to inspire the shape and look of my own work for my alternative sketchbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment