Monday 10 September 2012

Tasha Lewis


 
Tasha Lewis is a street artist known for installing her magnetic swarms of butterflies around her hometown of Indianapolis. When searching across the internet for inspiring artists Tasha's work caught my eye as I find it quirky and creative. She has arranged the butterflies artfully around the city on anything magnetic such as recycling bins, gates and lamp posts and as a result she has managed to create beautiful, eye - catching scultpures in an urban environment.
 

 
So far through my artist research I have found some inspiring pieces of art and ideas, however I haven't come to a specific idea or direction for my own work! I have chosen to base this project on nature, however from looking at Tasha's work I might consider mixing nature with the urban environment...
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I think that this artist is brilliant and you could try and use her idea by creating some insects and sticking them around some of your pieces or putting them in odd places outside.

    ReplyDelete